To bring you the most current information about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and its treatment, we have asked some of the top OCD experts to share their perspectives on this web site. We hope this information will give you new insights and understanding about the disorder and provide new opportunities for you to gain relief from the debilitating effects of OCD.
Click on the links below to read any article:
OCD – General
- Don’t Be Afraid of the Word “Disorder”
- Getting The Right Treatment For An Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- How I Treat OCD
- Ten Things You Need To Know To Overcome OCD
- What Does Habituation Mean?
- What The Heck is “Obsessive Slowness?”
- Resilience in the Recession: Seven Strategies to Free Yourself from Negative Thinking
- Acceptance and OCD
- Self-Directed Treatment for OCD: The Irony of Doing the Opposite
- What if you can’t afford treatment?
- Is There a Relationship Between OCD and Social Anxiety Disorder/Phobia (SAD)?
- How to Defeat OCD by Surrendering
- ADHD in Adults
Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Compulsive Touching and Movement
- Families of OCD Sufferers Seldom Get The Help They Need: Why They Don’t and Why They Should
- Roadmap to Recovery: Families of Adult OCD Sufferers Living at Home
Magical and Superstitious Obsessions
Parents and Children
- What Happened to My Child? How To Manage and Overcome Bad Thought OCD
- Sudden and Severe Onset OCD – Practical Advice for Practitioners and Parents
- How To Manage Your Parents When You Have OCD: A Guide for Teens
- The Search for Imperfection: Strategies for Coping with the Need to be Perfect
- How Clean is “Clean?”